Skills for Effective Relationships - LGBT2Q+ Focus
There is a wide range of clips to choose from that address different topics such as: peer pressure, substance use, school stressors, interpersonal conflict, dating relationships, etc. There is a focus on issues/concerns that might be relevant to LGBT2Q+ youth as well as clips that demonstrate issues relevant to all youth, but that appear in the context of LGBT2Q+ relationships. It is important to review clips in advance of showing them to the students so that relevant clips are chosen. You will also want to select clips that align with the topics being discussed at that time. The lessons identify when it would be an appropriate time to show a clip.
The clips are organized into five sections. Part I focuses on demonstrating communication skills including assertive, passive and aggressive communication. Part II focuses on demonstrating skills that include delay, refusal and negotiation skills and Part III focuses on a combination of skills, Part IV focuses on skills required for apologizing and Part V focuses on support skills.
PART III – Combination of Skills
Scenario 1: One partner wanting to go to semi-formal, but other not wanting to be so “public” about the relationship
Scenario 2: Pressure to skip class to get high
- Healthy Relationships Program for LGBT2Q+ Youth
- HRP for LGBT2Q+ Youth Skills for Effective Relationships - Credits
- Healthy Relationships Program for LGBT2Q+ Youth - Part III
- Healthy Relationships Program for LGBT2Q+ Youth Skills - Part V
- Healthy Relationships Program for LGBT2Q+ Youth - Part II
- Healthy Relationships Program for LGBT2Q+ Youth - Part IV
- Healthy Relationships Program for LGBT2Q+ Youth - Part I