Skills for Effective Relationships - LGBT2Q+ Focus
There is a wide range of clips to choose from that address different topics such as: peer pressure, substance use, school stressors, interpersonal conflict, dating relationships, etc. There is a focus on issues/concerns that might be relevant to LGBT2Q+ youth as well as clips that demonstrate issues relevant to all youth, but that appear in the context of LGBT2Q+ relationships. It is important to review clips in advance of showing them to the students so that relevant clips are chosen. You will also want to select clips that align with the topics being discussed at that time. The lessons identify when it would be an appropriate time to show a clip.
The clips are organized into five sections. Part I focuses on demonstrating communication skills including assertive, passive and aggressive communication. Part II focuses on demonstrating skills that include delay, refusal and negotiation skills and Part III focuses on a combination of skills, Part IV focuses on skills required for apologizing and Part V focuses on support skills.
PART IV – Apologizing
Scenario 1: Making fun of someone who identifies as part of the LGBTQ community – apologizes later
Scenario 2: One partner is pressuring the other to get alcohol for a party – apologizes later
Scenario 3: Dating pressure – apologizes for pressuring
- Healthy Relationships Program for LGBT2Q+ Youth
- Healthy Relationships Program for LGBT2Q+ Youth - Part I
- HRP for LGBT2Q+ Youth Skills for Effective Relationships - Credits
- Healthy Relationships Program for LGBT2Q+ Youth - Part III
- Healthy Relationships Program for LGBT2Q+ Youth Skills - Part V
- Healthy Relationships Program for LGBT2Q+ Youth - Part II
- Healthy Relationships Program for LGBT2Q+ Youth - Part IV